Did you ever come into prayer with so much heaviness, grief, or misery that you just couldn’t put it into words? You might just need Fran Pratt.
She’s my guest on this episode. She’s known online at The Litanist. That is, she writes litanies. They’re beautiful articulations of emotion and truth, giving individuals and communities words to pray about hard stuff. They offer words when there are no words.
She wrote a book in 2019 compiling her litanies. You can read my review of her book here. She serves as the Pastor of Worship and Liturgy at Peace of Christ Church in Round Rock, Texas, where she lives with her spouse and two kids. We talk about pastoring, mothering, writing, and some deep down theology – get ready for the sacred feminine and penal substitutionary atonement, folks.
Episode 33: Episode 33: Preaching Hope with Kayla August – On a Mission
- Episode 33: Episode 33: Preaching Hope with Kayla August
- Episode 32: Episode 32: Catholic Climate Covenant with Anna Robertson
- Episode 31: Episode 31:: Priestess with Erin Duffy-Burke
- Episode 30: Episode 30: Modern Catholics with Maureen Day
- Episode 29: Episode 29: Beauty in Broken Places with Elizabeth Bowler
Resources from this episode:
Christian Music that Doesn’t Suck!
Find more about Fran here: http://www.franpratt.com
Fran mentions this book when considering the future of Christianity in the U.S.: The Great Emergence