Today I’m talking with Cameron Bellm. About a year ago, she started publishing her writing on Instagram- and, y’all, it blew up!
She started publishing prayers during the Pandemic of 2020… they resonated… and they were shared and repurposed all over the world. She collected those pandemic prayers in an ebook. And now she’s writing a hardcover book. It’s about paying attention as a spiritual practice and being a contemplative in action. It will be out in hard copy in March 2022.
She’s a writer, scholar, and mother who lives in the Seattle area. We talk about Russian literature, not needing to be God’s lawyer, and discerning what is ours to do. I think you’re going to love a sneak peek into the spirituality of such a sincere and thoughtful human being.
Episode 33: Episode 33: Preaching Hope with Kayla August – On a Mission
- Episode 33: Episode 33: Preaching Hope with Kayla August
- Episode 32: Episode 32: Catholic Climate Covenant with Anna Robertson
- Episode 31: Episode 31:: Priestess with Erin Duffy-Burke
- Episode 30: Episode 30: Modern Catholics with Maureen Day
- Episode 29: Episode 29: Beauty in Broken Places with Elizabeth Bowler
She mentions Greg Boyle, a Jesuit priest who established Homeboy Industries has written two fabulous books: Tattoos on the Heart and Barking to the Choir.
Read more from Cameron!
Follow her on Instagram: @krugthethinker
Her praying the news prayer guide
Her ebook: Prayers for a pandemic
Her monthly prayer column for the Jesuit Conference. Here is the latest one!