Welcome to On a Mission: the show where you get to listen to inspired and inspiring people talk about their lives and their purpose – in other words, their mission in the world.
Episode 24: Episode 24: Justice & Community in Central America with Kate Carter – On a Mission
Kate Carter has lived a life dedicated to social justice. She became a Jesuit Volunteer in 1978, serving in Montana. She went on to work for JVC and became deeply involved in Central America solidarity work. She was a key member of a group that was bringing news of the oppression of the poor in Central America to faith communities in the U.S. during the tumultuous 1980s and 90s. We talked about what she’s learned from observing democratic elections in Central America, how those learnings apply here in the U.S., Catholic connections across borders, and where she discovered her passion for hospitality and community. Listen in.
- Episode 24: Episode 24: Justice & Community in Central America with Kate Carter
- Episode 23: Episode 23: A Wild and Precious Life with Emily Win
- Episode 22: Work, Motherhood, and Spirituality with Maureen Dunn Fetscher
- Episode 21: Episode 21: Radical Catholicism with Abby Rampone
- Episode 20: Episode 20: Owning Your Value with Neha Sampat