Zinzy Nev Geene is a Dutch queer Catholic activist and facilitator. She lives in Amsterdam where she has a day job as a digital designer and, on the side, she fosters safe places for queer people to “just be.” She calls it being a queer facilitator. She is on the board of the emerging organization Vine and Fig co, a online space for queer Catholics to find support along their spiritual journeys.
We talk about what ‘queer’ means. We talk about a lot of Catholic stuff, including novenas and uncomfortable pews. You don’t want to miss what she observes about Christianity on Pinterest and the authentic reality of Christianity in our lived human experiences.
* trigger warning: there is some talk in this episode about violence done to queer people in the world.
Episode 28: Episode 28: Raising Kids for a Just World with Lydia Wylie-Kellermann – On a Mission
- Episode 28: Episode 28: Raising Kids for a Just World with Lydia Wylie-Kellermann
- Episode 27: Episode 27: Called to Priesthood with Anne Tropeano
- Episode 26: Episode 26: Discerning Deacons with Ellie Hidalgo
- Episode 25: Episode 25: Catholic Leadership with Kerry Robinson
- Episode 24: Episode 24: Justice & Community in Central America with Kate Carter
Other resources Zinzy mentioned: