Zinzy Nev Geene is a Dutch queer Catholic activist and facilitator. She lives in Amsterdam where she has a day job as a digital designer and, on the side, she fosters safe places for queer people to “just be.” She calls it being a queer facilitator. She is on the board of the emerging organization Vine and Fig co, a online space for queer Catholics to find support along their spiritual journeys.
We talk about what ‘queer’ means. We talk about a lot of Catholic stuff, including novenas and uncomfortable pews. You don’t want to miss what she observes about Christianity on Pinterest and the authentic reality of Christianity in our lived human experiences.
* trigger warning: there is some talk in this episode about violence done to queer people in the world.
Episode 33: Episode 33: Preaching Hope with Kayla August – On a Mission
- Episode 33: Episode 33: Preaching Hope with Kayla August
- Episode 32: Episode 32: Catholic Climate Covenant with Anna Robertson
- Episode 31: Episode 31:: Priestess with Erin Duffy-Burke
- Episode 30: Episode 30: Modern Catholics with Maureen Day
- Episode 29: Episode 29: Beauty in Broken Places with Elizabeth Bowler
Other resources Zinzy mentioned: